Going to the doctor is never fun and some animals know this all too well, that’s why we’ve come up with the clever concept of The Point Veterinarian – a vet that comes to your door!
No more bundling your kitty into the cage and listening to it whine the whole trip, or worrying about your beloved pup’s sea legs in the back seat, you can have a vet come and see your sick pooch, kitty or even parakeet… in the comforting surroundings of your own home.
Not only is it easy and convenient for you, but if you have an animal that frets when it goes in the car or has a fear of the dentist/doctor, you can sneak in a visit without them knowing. And even when your pet’s not sick, The Point Veterinarian can cater to all your pet’s veterinary needs like vaccinations, desexing, worming and specialist food supplies.
The Point Veterinarian – WE’RE HERE TO CARE
Hours of Service
Servicing Brisbane and the Gold Coast, The Point Veterinarian offers flexible hours in flexible environments – your own!
Consultations bookings are necessary and recommended but The Point Veterinarian will do their utmost to attend to your animal’s needs.
Here’s when we can come to you:
Monday – Friday 6pm -10pm
Or if those hours still don’t work for you, call or email Dr John Rigley to organise The Point Veterinarian home visit for your pet!
Behind the Scenes
Dr John Rigley BVSc (honours first class)
The Point Veterinarian’s leading veterinary surgeon, Dr John Rigley, graduated from the University of Queensland in 2001. With his studies complete and feeling a pang of the travel bug, he moved to England where he worked in a busy mixed animal practice on the Welsh border for 18 months.
Once back home in Australia, it was at a posting at Manly Road Veterinary Hospital in Brisbane where he developed skills in small animal and equine medicine and surgery before moving to another thriving practice on the Gold Coast. When that practice was sold – and once again needing a travel fix – John spent a month working in China, before returning once again to the UK where he practiced as a locum vet.
On his return working again as a locum he decided that he would like the challenge of something new, so while taking a position at an emergency clinic he started up a house call service.
Previously called FlexiVet, Dr John started up a clinic in Paradise Point in July 2011 calling it the The Point Veterinarian, this meant that FlexiVet also had to have a name change. Working during the day in his Paradise Point clinic, he spends his evening doing house calls in Brisbane and around the Gold Coast.
While caring for sick and injured animals consumes most of his time, if he’s not fixing up sprained ligaments on his patients or tending to accident-prone pups, he keeps himself busy with cycling and running.
10 Reasons to choose The Point Veterinarian
- Because you’ll always get the same vet for your pet every time – guaranteed.
- You don’t have to pack your pet in the car.
- The visit is in your own home – no more sitting around in a vet waiting room.
- Your pet won’t get stressed!
- Convenient and flexible hours to suit you and your family’s needs. No need to leave the house!
- If you have young children and can’t fit in a visit to the vet, we come to you.
- Year round professional support, and advice for any concerns you may have about your pet.
- Preventatives, diets and medications dropped to your door when you need them.
- Transportation – The Point Veterinarian can transfer your animal for you.
- Emergency vaccinations – forgotten to get your pet’s latest jabs? The Point Veterinarian can come to you!